Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

why i want a wife by Amelia

The essay is written by a wife and also a mother. Her male friend just got a divorce and he wants to find a wife. It seems so easy for him to forget about his ex-wife and thinking to find a new wife. The author gives many reasons why the man wants to find another wife. When a man has a wife, he can go back to school to continue his studies and the wife will work to pay for his tuition fees. Wife will keep track of the children’s doctor appointment and her husband’s dentist appointments too. Wife can take a day off when her children are sick so that the husband can still go to school. Wife will do the household chores, clean the house, iron the shirts, do the laundry, and cook for meals, while the husband need not be worried about keeping the house clean or do the laundry and he also can save some money by eating at home. Wife will take care of the husband when he is sick and give special attention compare to the nurses at the hospital. A man wants a wife who takes care of the details of his social life. When they are invited by their friends, the wife can take care of the babysitting. A man needs a wife because he can meet with his sexual needs whenever he wants to. From the third last part, the essay states that “If, by chance, I find another person more suitable as a wife than the wife I already have, I want the liberty to replace my present wife with another one. Naturally, I will expect a fresh, new life; my wife will take care of the children and be solely responsible for them so that I am left free.” From the essay, I feel that women are being treated more like slaves than life partners. However, I also feel that not all men are like what the author describes, wanting a wife just for helping out to clean the house. I don’t think she can generalize this issue.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?