Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

Response to Yuki From Sunghoon Park..

According to Yuki’s response, he wrote that there are still so many husbands who have high expectation to their wives and this is the typical figure of men. I totally agree men are typical thinking that household chores are not man’s part. In Korea, there is a common saying like men should far from kitchen, which means med do not have responsibilities about household chores. So men has a tendency that household is not men’s part. Same as Yuki, I also have a chance to re-think about what being good husband is and what successful marriage is. Yuki said that most husbands are expecting a lot of things to do in a home to his wife like household chores. Similar with Yuki, I think that many husbands forget his wife has many jobs like as a wife of husband, as a mother of children, and as a housemaid of a family, even though he has only one job. However, a wife is not a perfect person. She cannot do well all things in a same time. Namely, husbands have to share responsibilities with their wives.
If I get married with my lover, I will share the all household chores with a wife. I think that living together with lover means to helping and sharing each other, if a wife is doing what Brady said in the essay, what the difference between a wife and a housemaid? Marriage is that meeting with lover and sharing the life. As Yuki, this essay gave me many thought about marriage and then life in a home.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?