Monday, August 09, 2004

 

Hyunwoo Park doesn't like this article

In her article "Why I want a wife", the author Judy Brady thinks men are selfish. I know she didn’t write this article because she totally believes that all men are like this. But still she has a lot of negative impression about men’s demands from their wives. She’s probably trying to say many men tend to be like these examples, and it is wrong. I think what she meant to claim is that men’s traditional expectation from their wives should be warned, and present society requires that to be changed. I agree with the idea that traditional roles of husbands and wives in family should be changed. There has been some unfairness in men’s expectation from their wives, and it hasn’t been improved that much even though the time has changed. However, I don’t like her way of claiming. It feels like she’s mocking all the men, and it is pretty offensive to men. It seems more like she’s trying to start a war between men and women. This article is useless for warning and adjusting men’s thoughts about their wives. I do not have most of the demands that she listed in this article, still this article feels pretty offensive to me. It raises backlash in my mind. According to her examples of men’s demands from their wives, men want their wives only for their needs, and have no consideration for them. Men never care about what wives think, what they need, or what they deserve. Men are just selfish horrible beings that try to live upon women’s lives. Men are useless people who drain all women’s effort, energy and love away. You can say I’m absolutely over reacting. If that’s your impression about my opinion, I can not argue with that. Still, I don’t like her voice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?