Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

Anthony's response to "Why I want a wife"

After I read the article, “Why I want a wife” I feel very surprise why she can think like that. The writer talks about a conversation between a man and her. The man who just recently divorced with his wife is looking for a new wife. Due to the conversation with the man, the writer ask herself about the question why did her want a wife? She mentioned that the condition of being a wife whom She is looking for. Although I am a man, I don’t agree with her unreasonable demands. For example, in the essay, where the woman says, “I want a wife who will not bother me with rambling complaints about a wife’s duties. But I want a wife who will listen to me when I feel the need to explain a rather difficult point I have come across in my course of studies.” In the essay, the women want to express the thing that her husband did it to her by telling that she is looking for a wife. She implies that man is so selfish. He didn’t know what the reason for marriage is. He just looks for a slave. In my own opinion, it may be happen but not all the time. There are many husbands who love her wife so much. Not only say “I love U” to them everyday, they also give their best to their wife, for example, respect, sharing, money and time. Unfortunately, there are some husbands who give all the responsibility to their wife. However, I know none in the people who I knew. For instance, my father is a very good husband, he works 8 hours per day; however, he came back home immediately after his work and give a hand to my mother on cooking. My father and my mother respect to each other all the time. As the result, I believe that it is only the point of view of the writer. On the other side, man has the different point of view on the compensation of responsibility between man and woman.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?