Friday, July 30, 2004

 

A Stair From Heaven (Led Yuki shimizu)

As one of the reader of “A Step from Heaven”, I appreciate the chance given to read about the experience which I also went through.  The final part of the book describe changes in Young Ju’s family which starts from Apa’s leaving from the U.S. to Young Ju’s leaving to go to the college.  I think the main topic here is how the family react Apa’s leaving.  Now that they decided not to go back their home country, Korea, with Apa, I swear that they felt relief with being at home.  Their reliefs appear as the way of spending time at the house.  They are doing whatever they want such as listening to laud music, drawing pictures, studying, and changing coordination of house.  I am so glad that they are having a wonderful time after he left.  At the same time, we cannot forget that they also have a hard time to make money for their living.  Joon works at Kinko’s, Young Ju helps them financially by tutoring, her mom are working as full time worker at the restaurant.  Even though they need to work to survive without a father, this difficulty took a significant role to bond together with the family.  In the long run, they gave a great lesson to know the unity of family and relationship between mom and her children.   
            Reading of this material gave me the though of importance of family.  When It have passed four years since I left my home, I absolutely agree with the saying, “blood is thicker than water”.  I think my mom and also dad (maybe) must be on my side, even if everybody else will turn to be an enemy.  Whenever I felt depression, loneliness, or sadness, they are the one who listen to our talk seriously.  Also, we can share our joy, happiness, or ever tiny things such as what is going on at my school.  I love my family and spending a time with my family. And I hope same as Young Ju’s family.    

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?