Monday, July 12, 2004

 

response to Yuki Shimizu

I agree with Yuki’s point of view. He mention that Apa’s feeling when he yelled Uhmma about the house is not because of he is cruel. Actually, he might be a nice father. But it takes time to get settle, especially live in different country where you do not really know the country and the system itself. He cannot blame himself or she also cannot blame the situation. For the first couple years, it will be a hard time for them. They need time to adapt their society and actively involve in the society. They have to hard work and take all the working opportunities in US. I have the same experience with Yuki Shimizu. I am very shy person and it is hard for me to talk in front of many people, especially speaking in English. I also wanted to quit from school in US and going back to my country. I wanted to blame myself because of my wrong decisions. It was a hard time for me too. When everything get settle, now I am more confident when I have to talk in English and say something when I do not like it. It takes almost three years for me to adapt and confident in speaking English. I pushed myself to do some activities that can help me learn more in speaking English. I tried to ask questions to my classmate, I joined an international church to force myself to talk with them, I am volunteering in children ministry and learn to listen and say a word when it is not correct to do. All these activities do not easy. It does not last forever. I am still struggling to talk and speak up when I know it is not correct to do. It takes time for me to learn and practice my English. Until one day, I worked in a small store. I have to speak up and confident. And I am so glad because this experience really helps me to force myself to speak up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?