Sunday, July 11, 2004

 

Response to Seon Cheol from Yuki Suzuki

I can understand you think boys are prefered to girls. Though it depends on case of families, I sometimes hear such a thing that boys are prefered in Japan. I guess the conscription system in Korea and men-oriented system in Japan(maybe all over the world) may have relevant to this problem. To work for country is valued on the most all over the world and especially men are positioned above the women during the second world war in Japan. Women have to work for men such as serving foods, bath and even clothes because men works for our country. I guess korean men discipline thmeselves to protect Korea from foreign countries just in case. Therefore, the thought, men-oriented, is rooted storngly both in Korea and Japan. (I guess, so if it is wrong, I am sorry.)

Also, like in Korea, doctor is valued job in salary and status in society in Japan, too.Many old people call a doctor "Oisya(Doctor)-sama(Sir)" by using Sama(sir),I do not use though. I do not think that there are jobs valued and other jobs undervalued because they are jobs that people want to. Like people who likes to take pictures and play baseball, people should do jobs that they really want to do(it may difficult to find jobs you want to do..).

Lastly, recently, I feel that I do not have to share values with american to live here. Do not misunderstand, it should be better to share values with them, but I do not think I have to do it. I may write the reason in next time, because I am sleepy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?