Sunday, July 18, 2004

 

REsponse to Saynab (Vonny)

When I read Saynab's response to this part of the novel, I saw she agreed that in many coutries, parents value sons more than daughters. I agreed with her opinion, I also notice that in many countries especially asian and african. I also read that she thinks Young Ju's father is a bad father. I slightly disagree with her. I know that he is not the best father; however, I think he treated his children this way because that is the typical Korean way. He only followed the tradition in Korea. I think he do not know how to treat children like American way because he only reflects what his father showed him. His own father might told him that a man has to be brave and tough. He should not cried and whining. Therefore, Apa ordered Joon not to cry and never show his soft side because that is what his father always said. APa was a very stiff father and never play with his children. This is because in Korea, a father has to be stiff to show the children how to respect the older people. This is why I think it is not entirely Apa's fault  that he treated his children wiht cruelty. This is because that is the only way he ever know how to treat children.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?