Sunday, July 11, 2004

 

response #2 by Sunghoon Park

Anna, the writer of “A Step From Heaven,” described that what Young-Ju had problem in first day of her school and with her new brother, Joon-Ho. Young-Ju was confused with how school was her future when it was not a long time away, because the future means a long time away from now. She thought that she was being in now. However, her parents said that the teachers knew everything and you should learn from them, so this was the reason why you should attend to school. Likeness most of children have same, I also was confused and did not think about my future when I was in childhood. Only thing what I did and thought was that the way how to absent a school and an academy without any penalty. During my childhood, I played and run with my friends out of school and did not concerned with my future like Young-Ju.
When Young-Ju got her new brother, Joon-Ho, she felt that she was not the only member of park’s family any more. So she checked her brother’s blue spot on his hip, because she thought that he was born in America. But he had it. I also had a blue spot, and it was the mark, which can prove the family and blood wherever they were born. All human species in the world have their own characteristic appearance. That is the one of things to prove who they are and where they are from. Sometimes I cannot distinguish with Korean students and Asian student, because the structure of body was same. Even if Joon-Ho was born in America and can’t speak Korean, he is still Korean, because of blue spot.
Young-Ju was confused with the language. Because she thought that she was living in America, she had to speak English, not Korean. But her parent spoke Korean anytime at home when they talked each other and they said to her. I know a friend who immigrates to America at 5yeas old. His parents always tried to use Korean with their son in their home, because his parents was concerned that he might be forgotten Korean. the life style and the frame of mind were different for me and him. Even if he cannot speak Korean very well, he still does not forget where he comes from.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?