Sunday, July 25, 2004

 

Part 4 SFH (Vonny)

When I read this part of SFH, I was so angy with Apa. I was shocked to read that he could hit his own daughter. In the beginning of the novel, when Uhma was pregnant, Apa hit her in the car. I thought he could hit his wife but not his own daughter who is his own flesh and blood. A drunk condition is not an excuse for hitting anyone. I was very happy when I read the part where Young Ju was calling the police. I realize it must be very hard for Young Ju to call the cops because it was his own father who will go to jail. When Apa got out of jail, he went home to Korea. I think this is the best solution for him because it is proves that he is unable to adapt with the American's culture. There are many case like this in the whole world especially in USA. I have read in the newspaper and watch the TV about women who have died or almost died in domestic violence. It was so sad to hear that anyone is able to hit someone that they used to love. I have heard that somewhere in this part the world there is a culture that permit husbands to do anything to their wives. The wives sometimes get hit, and worst of all many of them were burned. I was very surprise when I heard about this news and I think we are so lucky to have parents that love each other.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?