Sunday, July 11, 2004

 

Jiyeun LEE #2 Blog

Second response from Young- Ju’s story.

Actually I am the youngest child in my family, so I did not no about having a little brother or sister. I think older brother and sister need more responsible than younger. My brother is just one year older than me, but he should act like adult when I was born. He should try to walk because my mom should hug (hold) me. If he acts like baby, my mom always told my brother “You are older brother you are not baby.” I think Young Ju has same situation like my brother.
Young Ju’s first day of school. She scared a lot from teacher and everything. I can understand her because I did same thing. I am always a little baby in my family. Therefore, I could not do it anything without my family even I am adult. I remember I really scared about being alone in school without my mom.
I think if my family immigrant to America likes Young-ju, I will be scared a lot about talking and speaking in English with other race. Actually, I came in America 18 years old; I was really scared about living and studying in America. Young Ju is so much younger than me. However, she is doing well in her school. I think she is better than me. She is brave young and little girl. I still uncomfortable when I am speaking English but when I am speaking Korean I feel more comfortable and peaceful.
Her parents use Korean in their home because it will help their children did not forget about their Korean heritage and language. It is really good

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?