Wednesday, July 14, 2004

 

Daisy's response #2

In the second part of the book “Step from Heaven”, Anna talked about how Young Ju’s relate herself as being the only child in the family and also her experienced when she had to act as an older sister toward his brother. Reading a long the second paragraph on page 28, Young Ju said to herself “Only now when I sit in the back seat I have to cover the parts that say a little mouse has been here because I am the only Mouse in the family. Everyone else has important signs like Tiger or Dragon”. I like to emphasis in the first mouse rather than Mouse which is Chinese zodiac sign. I can relate to her statement for being a “little mouse” in the family because I was the only child in the family back then, of course, before my two brothers and sister were born. When I was four years old, my parents gave me a pet so I did not feel lonely. I was not like ordinary kid back then. I like to play with something that moves. So they gave me a mouse. They said that a mouse is just like me: small, harmless and cute. I loved my mouse so much and I treated him like my own brother. I guess I can relate to Young Ju’s experienced on being the only child in the family. Moreover, I can relate to her experienced having baby brother. Young Ju herself was quite surprise when her mom had a baby brother. I was amazed on how she became accustomed with a new baby brother in the family. More than that, she was trying to be a good sister for him. In page 51, there was a scene where Ju’s brother, Joon, lost his balloon and Joon did not stop crying. Being a sister, Jun tried to be a good aid for his brother. Instead got him a new balloon, she offered her fat pink, purple-nosed elephant which she loved to replace his lost balloon. In response, Joon stopped crying and claimed that her elephant was his. I remembered when I was a kid; I tried to be a good helper for my brother and sister. Sometimes, I had to sacrifice my own beloved toys to my brother and sister. But a good helper cannot be called a helper without sacrifices. Ju, herself sacrificed her elephant doll for his brother so he stop crying. In short, I enjoy reading the second part of the book. It really amazed me on how Ju’s tried to overcome the difficulties that she faced without seeing it as problems but rather a life lessons.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?