Thursday, July 22, 2004

 

#3 Response by Anthony

The Third response to A Step From Heaven, I am very interested in the response to the chapter of “Become Too American” In this chapter, Young Ju was consisted too American in her mother’s eyes. Both of them have their own point of view, for example, Young Ju came to United States since she was very young. She has to learn American Culture since she attends to school. As the result, she learnt more about American culture than her parents. Her mother thinks that Young Ju should not borrow money from the others, even best friends. However, Young Ju has different opinion on this situation, and she believes that it’s fine and common to borrow money form friend. In this situation, there is no right or wrong answer because Young Ju and her mother came from different background although they are Korean. Sometime, I have argument with my present in a very little thing because we don’t accept each other’s idea. The argument happened a long time ago when I was high school. On one Sunday morning, we usually got up early in Sunday morning because we go out for breakfast. My father is a tradition Chinese, he likes to eat dim sum and drink tea on the morning. We always to go eat something very tradition Chinese breakfast but I wanted to change that for one day. I suggested go to McDonald to have some new. My father did not agree and got angry with me. I felt very disappointed. I know what Young Ju’s feeling when she scolded by her mother about “become too American”.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?