Friday, June 25, 2004

 

Hello! I am Po-Kai.

Hello everyone,

My name is Po-Kai Huang, and was born and raised in a small township in Taiwan. I have two younger brothers, one is a college student and the other is a medical
doctor. My parents are textile mill workers. I like to watch racing, baseball game. When I was a junior high school student, I decided to major in electronics for my future education because I was very curious about how the radio frequency and electronics worked. I entered the Department of Electronic Engineering at Chien Kuo junior college in 1990. From 1993 through 1995, I obtained scholarships from the college because of my outstanding academic performance.

In 1995, I entered military service after obtaining my degree. I was a sergeant in charge of all vehicles and drivers deployed in our battalion headquarters. In 1997, I was discharged from the military and entered a telecommunications company, Chunghwa Telecom, which is the largest telecommunications company in Taiwan. My duties were designing, monitoring and optimizing their GSM cell phone network. I also worked as an instructor teaching new coworkers about network optimization. I obtained many
commendations from coworkers and supervisors stating that I am a good engineer because of characteristics including good team spirit, positive attitude and proofessionalism.

In 2001, I obtained extensive information from the Internet and friends regarding The Ohio State University and its ranking as the good university for wireless communication technology in the United States. So, I plan to obtain a higher degree at
OSU. In 2003, I left my job and entered Columbus State Community College to prepare to transfer into OSU. Now I am an OSU Electrical Engineering student, and I'll graduate in next summer quarter.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?